Call for Papers
FIRE 2018: 10th meeting of the Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation
7th - 9th December 2018
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of information and communication technology, Gandhinagar
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2018 (Extended Deadline)
The 10th meeting of the Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation 2018 will be held in Gandhinagar, India. We are seeking the submission of high-quality and original full papers, short papers and demos. Submissions will be reviewed by experts on the basis of the originality of the work, the validity of the results, chosen methodology, writing quality and the overall contribution to the field of IR. Authors are encouraged to describe work in progress and late-breaking research results.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- IR theory and practice
- Web and social media IR
- User Aspects
- IR system architectures
- Content representation and processing
- Multimedia and cross-media IR
- Text Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Deep Learning for IR/NLP
- Doug Oard, University of Maryland, USA
- Stephen Robertson, City University, London
- Jaap Kamps, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Nicola Ferro, University of Padua, Italy
- Allan Hanbury, TU Wien, Austria
- Gareth Jones, Dublin City University
- Paulo Quaresma, Universidade de Évora, Portugal
- September 15 , 2018 (Extended) – Short Papers due, Full papers due
- October 15, 2018 – Full papers and Short paper acceptance notifications
- October 25, 2018 – Camera ready copies due
- October 30, 2018 – Early bird Registration deadline
- November 20, 2018 – Regular Registration closes. Spot Registration fee applicable after this deadline
- December 7-9, 2018 – Conference held in Gandhinagar, India
Submissions must describe substantial, original and unpublished work. Wherever appropriate, concrete evaluation and analysis must be included. If the paper being submitted is under review at any other venue, the same should be explicitly mentioned when making the submission. Such a paper, if accepted, should be withdrawn from all other places.
The submitted papers must follow ACM SIG's template available on http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates. The only accepted format of submissions is PDF. Papers which do not conform to the requirements may get rejected without review. Please note that it is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that the PDF submission has been uploaded successfully (we suggest that you try downloading your paper again yourself, to check).
There will be two categories of papers:
- Full papers: Full paper submissions should not exceed 6 pages with 2 additional pages for references or appendices if needed
- Short papers: Short paper submissions should not exceed 3 pages with one additional page for references or appendices if needed
Upon acceptance, authors will be allowed 1 additional page of content in order to incorporate suggestions from the reviewers. All submissions to FIRE 2018 will be reviewed on the basis of originality, relevance, importance and clarity by at least three reviewers. The review process will be double blind and the authors should not mention their names or institutional details anywhere in the paper. Authors should refer to themselves in third person when citing their own work. Expressions like "In our earlier work..." or "We previously showed that..." should be avoided when submitting the paper for review.
If accepted, atleast one author will have to register for the conference and present their work in person. Exceptions can be made only in case of refusal of visa or other unavoidable circumstances.
Looking forward to seeing you in Gandhinagar.
- Prasenjit Majumder (DA-IICT)
- Mandar Mitra (ISI Kolkata)
For queries related to conference please email us at [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
For latest updates subscribe the FIRE mailing List [ https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fire-list ]